Why Take The Chance?

måndag 18 juni 2012


Hello everyone!
Back today to share something completely new, at least for me.
I've long been wanting to try the Art Journaling technique, but I want to incorporate it into my cards. Now I've finally bought a few sprays and stencils, so you have to remember that this is my first attempt with Art Journaling.


But what I love the bright colors!!!



The background is made with Dylusions ink sprays. Then I used some stencils, Gesso and Distress Inks. A bit of stamping and drawing with pencils.


The good cleaning fairy from Stampingbella were stamped onto watercolor paper and painted with Distress Markers. Then I cut her out and attached her on the background paper. Then I thought it would be good to use my new Glue n'seal on top and around the edges of the fairy, but it was the biggest mistake, because you can see how it went!


I added Pearl Maker in her hair, Star Dust Stickles on the feather duster and 3D Snow to her petticoat.
Behind it all, I used a piece of embroidery fabric.


I think she has spread a little of her cleaning magic here for it sparkles so:)
That´s all from me today, have a great week!
Hugs, Birgit.

Entered Challenges:
The Ribbon Girl - Pink, Purple & Green
Frilly and Funkie - Photo Insp. (Do not know if it´s Frilly or Funkie? but Both flies after all:)
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Sparkles Galore
Paper Crafting Journey - Colour It Up
Crafty Boots - Material



18 kommentarer:

Marjorie sa...

I love your cleaning fairy lol!! Beautiful colours and such lovely paper and embellishments...
Thank you for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week....

Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Deneen sa...

Great card using your Art Journaling technique. Love the sparkly feather duster and the impression that she left some on the flowers. Thanks for joining the Sparkles Galore Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Stamping Shanni sa...

Cool colour combo Birgit! Love it and saw it on MIM.
Stamping Shanni

Mynn xx sa...

LOVE it! When my niece visits, aged three, we always pretend to be fairies...there's the cleaning fairy, the sharing fairy, the eating veggies fairy...you get the gist! ;) LOVE this card, and I think your coloring is beautiful!!! :)

Dee's Craft Room sa...

Wow, this is something else. Fabulous colours and great techniques and I love how you have used it all to make a card.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Anita Houston The Artful Maven sa...

What a colorful piece! Nice job! Love the embroidery mat behind it all. Just a stunning card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Maire Gamber sa...

Very beautiful. I love the colors your selected. Law it on MIM
Hugs,
Marie XX

Helen sa...

Love it! the colours are fabulous, so is the stamping. thanks for joining crafty boots!

Faye sa...

Gorgeous card and colours Brigit. I saw this on Make-it-Monday..Faye

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie sa...

This is just darling! Love what you have done with the Dylusions sprays and stencil! Your little housework fairy and the sentiment are so cute. Great take on the photo inspiration challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this fortnight at Frilly and Funkie!

Hugs,
Linda

Shelly Schmidt sa...

Love the beautiful colors you achieved with your sprays. Hahaha love the sentiment- that is awesome! I found you at Make it Monday!

Ribbon Girl sa...

Hello Birgit, if this is your first attempt you made a very good job of it and I just love the sentiment - so funny. Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

Terry sa...

Love that sentiment and those are words to live by!!! Great use of sprays and what a stunning card! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

Corrinne sa...

Ha ha ha! I'm going to have to use that sentiment the next time my love wants me to clean :) Gorgeous creation & would be lovely to display!

I found you on Make It Monday, btw.

Happiness,
Corrinne

PS - Win prizes AND promote your blog:
http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-are-invited-to-my-vegan-barbecue.html (Just link your entry to your blog.)

catherine sa...

This is just stunning Birgit. Linking from make it Monday and so glad to have come across your work. Great to get to know about you. The colour are fabluos
x catherine

Katy sa...

Oh my word! I am in love with this!!! Gorgeous layered bow and i love the way you have those pink flower gems peeking out. It';s so inspiring! I just discovered your blog from this challenge, I've got a challenge on my blog if you're interested :) thanks for sharing! xx

Kasey ~ in Oz sa...

This is gorgeous Birgit, I LOVE the sentiment, I found a little badge on a blog once and it is now on my blog. 'Housework is evil, it must be stopped'

Saw your link on MIM. I'm #76 and #215 this week. I'd love it if you stopped by.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Paper Panda sa...

Saw your project on MIM for challenge 94, and had to come and take a closer look. Simply stunning, must have taken you ages!

My cards are # 238 and 244 this week if you'd like to take a look :-)

Mandy x

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS